To support the Head of Care and Nursing Team in the delivery of excellent nursing
and personal care and contribute to the efficient running of the Care Home. To
assist the Nursing Team with clinical aspects of care as delegated by the Head of
To deliver care in a manner sensitive to the individual residents needs and wishes,
acknowledging and respecting their confidentiality, rights and beliefs at all times.
To train, mentor and guide new and existing staff to enable excellence in care
- To carry out tasks delegated by the Head of Care/nurse within the arena of
- knowledge and skills.
- Medication administration, dispensing and ordering.
- Management of fluid and incontinence charts.
- Wound care.
- PEG feed.
- Collecting MSU’s.
- Care plan reviews.
- Audits of care charts and files.
- Liaising with GP’s.
- Liaising with Boots.
- Receiving telephone enquiries.
- To assist residents to maintain their personal hygiene and appearance whilst being aware of their clinical condition and their individual right to privacy and personal preference.
- To assist residents where required with physical comfort, and mobilisation whilst observing the need to minimise the adverse effects of pressure.
- Assist the Head of Care as required to plan, assign and monitor appropriate duties to the care team on shift
- To carry out regular supervisions of care assistants.
- To help maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home with due regard to appropriate Food and Hygiene and Health and Safety Regulations.
- To make a thorough and correct report of all accidents.
- To monitor, record and report residents conditions to the nurse in charge of the shift.
- To participate in the complete, accurate, legible and concise records/care plans of residents on a daily basis.
- Assist the activities coordinator in the promotion of social and recreational well being of residents held within the home.
- Promote infection control practices in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- To assist and support professional practitioners and residents during clinical treatment and investigative procedures.
- Whilst maintaining a professional attitude at all times, develop a rapport with residents, colleagues, families and visitors to the home.
- Attend and participate in relevant staff meetings and Specialist Carer meetings.
- Any other duties as reasonably expected.
In line with Health and Safety Policy the job holder is expected to;
- Take reasonable care of his/her own health, safety and welfare and that of other people who may be affected by his/her actions or omissions.
- To comply with health and safety law and Health and safety Policies and Procedures.
- Not to misuse or interfere with, intentionally or recklessly, anything provided in the interests of safety.
The job holder is also expected to ;
- Act in an honest, responsible and respectful manner to others.
- Be responsible for their own professional conduct.
- Comply everywhere and in all circumstances with the laws and regulations
- connected with their activities.
- Comply with our obligations to our key stakeholders.
- To attend mandatory and specialist training as required.
|Description||Rating (essential / desirable|
|Good general level of education||E|
|NVQ 3 or other relevant qualification in Health and Social Care or working towards||E|
|Clinical training to meet the needs of the position||E|
Last updated: 270415
Ponsandane is renowned for its warm and welcoming atmosphere and wonderful community of residents, relatives, staff and friends. Set in beautifully landscaped grounds, the home has spacious lounges and comfortably decorated bedrooms, many with views over Mount’s Bay towards St Michael’s Mount.