We are seeking dedicated, enthusiastic, clinically highly skilled, and compassionate nurses to join our teams.
You will be welcomed as part of a team that is solution focused, to ensure our residents receive excellent evidenced based nursing care. Our homes have technologically advanced environments, and you will be able to use systems like Nourish Electronic Care Planning and Omnicell EMAR electronic medication systems.
You will work alongside your Clinical Lead, as the shift leaders and be part of a team that support the Registered Manager in the delivery of excellent nursing and personal care and contribute to the efficient running of the Nursing Care Home. Our nurses collaborate with our Specialist Carers and if you are interested in supervising and mentoring staff to obtain new skills, this is the position for you.
We pride ourselves on the professionalism, talent and diversity of our teams and we actively encourage all from different back grounds to apply to join our teams.
Flexibility with regards to shift patterns, full time and part time positions are available and we are happy to discuss your needs.
- To work as a skilled member of the nursing team to provide a high standard of holistic patient centred care.
- Coordinate care and delivery to ensure the efficient running of the Care Home, whilst being supported by the Head of Care.
- To support, train and guide the care team in excellence of care delivery.
- To undertake initial assessments of potential residents and work in partnership with the resident, family/friends/advocates; advising on procedures relevant to admissions and any changes that may occur throughout the residents stay, ensuring that risks are identified and managed and care is evidence based to meet the needs of the residents.
- Formulate and update residents’ care plans with the participation and consent of the resident, or their representative to ensure that the agreed outcomes are met.
- Liaise with all professionals using their expertise to promote the optimum patient experience. To ensure effective collaboration and communication with the wider multidisciplinary team and outside agencies, acting as the residents advocate as necessary. Gain consent and involve the resident in all decisions regarding their care.
- Assume responsibility for the service provided by the care home if the Head of Care/Deputy Head of Care/Senior Nurse are absent.
- Act as an advocate for the resident and family, providing them with information and support and directing them to the relevant support services where appropriate.
- Provide a high standard of direct nursing care to residents, based on the assessment, planning, evaluation and implementation of the individual resident’s care plan.
- To ensure care is delivered in a manner sensitive to the individual residents’ needs and wishes, acknowledging and respecting their confidentiality rights and beliefs at all times.
- To undertake all appropriate aspects of nursing care required including advanced clinical skills as required following appropriate training.
- To ensure that the care team recognise their responsibility in safeguarding people and that they recognise and respond appropriately.
- To be fully aware of all agreed emergency procedures and be prepared to take the lead role in any acute clinical or non clinical emergency.
- To organise own time.
- To be professionally accountable for the work delegated to other members of the care team (Specialist Health Care Assistants).
- To support the Home Manager in recruitment.
- To liaise with and report to the Registered Manager matters of potential concern pertaining to the building and maintenance of the home.
- To work within all Swallowcourt clinical and non clinical policies and procedures in the home.
- To ensure that all care and nursing staff maintain written and electronic care records.
- Order, administer and dispense medications in accordance with the medication system within the Care Home. Consult a GP or Pharmacist regarding residents’ medication issues and document as appropriate in accordance to the Nursing and Midwifery Council Guidance and company’s policies and procedures.
- To demonstrate a professional approach to work and act in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council, Code of Professional Conduct, Care Quality
- Commission and the homes Policies and procedures.
- To keep up to date with relevant research and developments in practice, attending relevant study days/courses as identified through the appraisal process or as a part of mandatory training necessary to provide a high standard of evidence based holistic nursing care.
- To take responsibility for own professional development and act as an effective role model.
- To participate in the appraisal system and maintain own portfolio.
- To be aware of own professional accountability and act at all times within the NMC Code.
In addition to the above, there are some general requirements that apply to all jobs in the Home:
- Take responsibility for the safeguarding of adults, and follow Swallowcourts’ whistle blowing policy as required.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Participation in training activities.
- Participation in staff supervision and personal development review.
- Participation in quality assurance systems.
- Take responsibility for personal development by keeping abreast of developments in the field of caring for older people.
- Any other duties as reasonably expected.
- In line with Health and Safety Policy the job holder is expected to;
- Take reasonable care of his/her own health, safety and welfare and that of other people who may be affected by his/her actions or omissions.
- To comply with health and safety law and Health and safety Policies and Procedures.
- Not to misuse or interfere with, intentionally or recklessly, anything provided in the interests of safety.
- The job holder is also expected to: Act in an honest, responsible and respectful manner to others.
- Be responsible for their own professional conduct and continuing development.
- Comply everywhere and in all circumstances with the laws and regulations connected with their activities.
- Comply with our obligations to our key stakeholders.
- To attend mandatory training as required.
Ponsandane is renowned for its warm and welcoming atmosphere and wonderful community of residents, relatives, staff and friends. Set in beautifully landscaped grounds, the home has spacious lounges and comfortably decorated bedrooms, many with views over Mount’s Bay towards St Michael’s Mount.