We are seeking dedicated and committed Support Workers across our Specialist Homes. With a culture of dignity, respect and compassion, we are seeking staff who are looking for more than the run-of-the-mill 9-5 job, and have a passion and commitment to making a difference every day for those for whom we care.
We pride ourselves on the professionalism, talent and diversity of our teams and we actively encourage all from different back grounds to apply to join our teams.
- To support the Registered manager of the home in all aspects of the home’s management.
- To deliver care in a manner sensitive to the individual resident’s needs and wishes, acknowledging and respecting their confidentiality, rights and beliefs at all times.
- To train, mentor and guide new and existing care staff in delivering excellence in care.
- To assist the Registered Manager ensure that appropriate individual care is received by each resident by coordinating and planning the care team and own shift duties.
- To support residents to maintain their personal hygiene and appearance whilst being aware of clinical conditions and their individual right to privacy and personal preference.
- To carry out regular supervisions of care assistants.
- To help maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home with due regard to appropriate Food Hygiene and Health and Safety Regulations. To make a thorough and correct report of all accidents.
- To monitor and record and report residents’ conditions to the Registered Manager or Deputy Manager.
- When assessed as competent, administer, oversee administration, control and store medicines in line with company guidelines and “Royal Pharmaceutical
- Society” advice. Complete and accurate records must also be kept to reflect this.
- To promote infection control practices in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Read and write care plan reports and evaluations and participate in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care given to residents.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- To keep accurate and thorough records of residents’ petty cash and monies.
- To fulfil on-call responsibilities in line with the on-call rota.
- Any other duties as reasonably expected.
In line with Health and Safety Policy the job holder is expected to:
- Take reasonable care of his/her own health, safety and welfare and that of other people who may be affected by his/her actions or omissions.
- To comply with health and safety law and Health and safety Policies and Procedures.
- Not to misuse or interfere with, intentionally or recklessly, anything provided in the interests of safety.
The job holder is also expected to:
- Act in an honest, responsible and respectful manner to others.
- Be responsible for their own professional conduct.
- Comply everywhere and in all circumstances with the laws and regulations connected with their activities.
- Comply with our obligations to our key stakeholders.
- Attend all mandatory training & updates as required.
Station Villa has been extensively developed to provide a choice of accommodation for people with different abilities and care needs. In addition to the bedrooms in the main house, there are three flats and five semi independent chalets with their own front doors and residents are actively encouraged to take part in the running of their home.