- Assist the needs of residents where needed according to their person-centred care plan and all company policies & procedures, over a 24 hour period as allocated.
- To report and record all aspects of care delivered and activities undertaken or witnessed on the electronic reporting systems
- Ensure that all domestic duties required in the home such as making beds, tidying rooms, laundry, collecting and washing of cutlery and crockery and emptying rubbish are completed through supporting residents according to their individual levels of independence.
- To understand, monitor & record residents’ conditions and report any changes to the senior care assistant or nurse in charge as necessary.
- To participate in team meetings as required.
- To follow instruction and assigned tasks as decided by the responsible person on shift.
- Promote of social, physical and mental activity for the residents, with coordination from the activities team
- Accompany residents to hospital appointments or excursions as required.
- Ensure that all resident rooms are stocked with items required to support the care of the resident for the current and next shift.
- To provide and assist in waking night duties as allocated.
- Carry out regular scheduled checks throughout your allocated shift in line with the risks assessed for individual residents
- In an emergency, take action where it is safe to do so and immediately seek advice from the nurse in charge and /or the Emergency Services.
- Any other duties as reasonably expected.
In line with Health and Safety Policy the job holder is expected to;
- Take reasonable care of his/her own health, safety and welfare and that of other people who may be affected by his/her actions or omissions.
- To comply with health and safety law and Health and safety Policies and Procedures.
- Not to misuse or interfere with, intentionally or recklessly, anything provided in the interests of safety.
The job holder is also expected to:
- Act in an honest, responsible and respectful manner to others.
- Be responsible for their own professional conduct.
- Comply everywhere and in all circumstances with the laws and regulations connected with their activities.
- Comply with our obligations to our key stakeholders.
- To attend mandatory training as required.
|Previous experience in a carers role||D|
|Good communication skills||E|
|Ability to work as part of a team||E|
Trevaylor Manor has an enviable reputation for the quality of care it provides for people with failing mental health and dementia. Set in a tranquil valley with views towards St Michael’s Mount, the home is surrounded by its own woodlands and stunning sub tropical gardens.