Plan and run regular group activities for the residents of the home, with a focus on:
- Enhance physical wellness through appropriate exercise and assist with ensuring nutritional needs are met
- Provide opportunities for emotional development, enhance a positive sense of self and connectivity with staff and other residents.
- Organise stimulating mental activities and opportunities to expand and share knowledge and creativity
- Promote mental and emotional wellness, support residents to connect with loved ones and feel part of local communities by organising events and visits.
- Provide opportunities to express spiritual beliefs, practices and attend spiritual gatherings.
- Promote independence and recognise personal satisfaction achieved from having a sense of purpose.
- Routinely evaluate these sessions by receiving and logging feedback from residents, families and employees to ensure that the programme is fit for purpose.
- Drive the mini bus and escort residents for excursions and hospital visits.
- Monitor and keep in line with the allocated budget.
- Promote schedule of forthcoming activities and communicate individual activities offered for marketing purposes.
- To take responsibility for the publicity of events within the home and externally to ensure all opportunities for good public relations are developed and maintained.
- Responsibility for organising community events at the home for the benefit of the residents and integration into the local community.
- Any other duties as reasonably expected.
In line with Health and Safety Policy the job holder is expected to;
- Take reasonable care of his/her own health, safety and welfare and that of other people who may be affected by his/her actions or omissions.
- To comply with health and safety law and Health and safety Policies and Procedures.
- Not to misuse or interfere with, intentionally or recklessly, anything provided in the interests of safety.
The job holder is also expected to ;
- Act in an honest, responsible and respectful manner to others.
- Be responsible for their own professional conduct.
- Comply everywhere and in all circumstances with the laws and regulations connected with their activities.
- Comply with our obligations to our key stakeholders.
- Undertake all mandatory training as required.
- Previous experience of coordinating activities
- A keen interest in Arts / Crafts / Physical education
- A good understanding of the six dimensions of wellness
- Computer literate (desktop publishing/word/emails & internet)
Trevaylor Manor has an enviable reputation for the quality of care it provides for people with failing mental health and dementia. Set in a tranquil valley with views towards St Michael’s Mount, the home is surrounded by its own woodlands and stunning sub tropical gardens.
Trevaylor Manor Care Home
Trevaylor Manor Care Home, Newmill Road, Gulval, Penzance, Cornwall, TR20 8UR
Rate of Pay / Salary
£11.60 - £19.65